Select a session name to read more. Please check back regularly for updates.
Registration Opens & Continental Breakfast
- Matt Winkler, Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, Bloomberg
Setting the Stage
- Angie Lau, ‘First Up’ Anchor, Bloomberg Television
Navigating Through the Chaos
Experts talk about the forces roiling Asia’s financial markets, and share their ideas for finding ports in the storm.
- Raymond Chan, CIO Equities, Asia Pacific, Allianz Global Investors
- Martin Cubbon, Corporate Development and Finance Director, Swire Pacific
- Stephen D. Lackey, Chairman, Asia Pacific, BNY Mellon
- Wai Kwong Seck, CEO Asia Pacific, State Street
- Moderator: Angie Lau, 'First Up' Anchor, Bloomberg Television
RMB Internationalization & The China Effect
Yuan Devaluation. Slowing growth. Government interventions to prop up the stock market. Questions around liberalization. How should global investors view China in 2016, and how will China’s fate affect the rest of the world?
- Andrew Fung, Executive Director & Head of Global Banking and Markets, Hang Seng Bank
- Neil Harvey, CEO Greater China, Credit Suisse
- Ken Hu, CIO, Fixed Income, Asia Pacific, Invesco
- Moderator: Angie Lau, 'First Up' Anchor Bloomberg Television
Asia Market Insight from Bloomberg Intelligence
- Tim Craighead, Director of Research - Asia, Bloomberg Intelligence
Morning Networking Break
Fund Passports & Stock Connects: A New Dawn for Asian Investment?
As Asian regulators contemplate additional trading links, investors share their experiences with stock connects and fund passports, and debate whether passports and the Hong Kong–Shanghai connect are increasing opportunity--or spreading China’s problems further afield.
- Dr. Au King-Lun, CEO, BOCHK Asset Management & Council Member, HK FSDC
- Carol Wong, Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Old Mutual Global Investors
- Qiumei Yang, CEO Asia Pacific, ICI Global
- Xiaofeng Zhong, CEO North Asia, Amundi Hong Kong Limited
- Moderator: Richard Frost, Asia Emerging Markets Stocks Editor, Bloomberg
Newsmaker Interview: Uncovering the Next Big Emerging Economies and Sectors
Spotting new opportunities: We look for the next market that should be on your investment radar, and which sectors are set to rise in 2016.
- Yang Liu, Chairman, Atlantis Investment Management
- In Conversation With: Matt Winkler, Editor-in-Cheif Emeritus, Bloomberg
Risky Investments: Calculated Bet or Casino Gambling?
We identify the shape of risk and reward in Asia’s financial markets, look at the disruptive potential of geopolitical, counterparty and regulatory risk, and understand how best to mitigate risk in the Asia’s high growth markets and sectors.
- Ting Lu, Global Head of Research, Sales & Trading, Huatai Securities
- Vivek Pathak, Director East Asia & the Pacific, International Finance Corporation
- Amit Prakash, Managing Director, BMO Global Asset Management (Asia)
- Mark Tinker, Head of Framlington Equities Asia, AXA Investment Managers
- Moderator: Michael Patterson, Senior Editor, Bloomberg News
Going Mainstream: When Alternatives Are No Longer Alternative
With alternatives featuring more than ever before in portfolios, what new instruments are fund managers exploring, and what is the institutional investor’s threshold for risk in this area?
- Andy Ho, CIO, VinaCapital
- Scott Collison, Head of Alternatives, Asia, Franklin Templeton
- Bill Maldonado, CIO Asia Pacific, HSBC Global Asset Management
- Florence Yip, Asia Pacific Tax Leader, Financial Services, PWC
- Moderator: Sree Vidya Bhaktavatsalam, Investing and Real Estate, Asia, Bloomberg News
Newsmaker Interview: Where Next for Abenomics?
We predict the future for Abenomics and the Japanese recovery.
- Tadahiro Fujimura, CIO, Sparx Asset Management
- In Conversation With: Enda Curran, Chief Asia Economics Correspondent, Bloomberg News
The Great Debate: The Next Financial Capital
Three champions for the world’s three financial centers will take to the stage to persuade you where the eyes of the world will be ten years from now.
- For Hong Kong: Eleanor Wan, CEO, BEA Union Investment Management
- For New York: Matthew Bersani, Asia Managing Partner, Shearman & Sterling
- For London: To be confirmed
- Moderator: David Merritt, Executive Editor, Asia Pacific, Bloomberg Media
Afternoon Networking Break
Asia’s Elderly: Who Pays?
Two types of government support for the elderly have emerged in Asia – a higher spending western model, and a cheaper one requiring more individual responsibility. Which one is right?
We investigate retirement planning in the region, and explore the impact upon Asia’s middle aged investors.
- Rahul Chadha, Co-CIO, Mirae Asset Global Investments
- Michael Dommermuth, CEO, Manulife Asset Management (Hong Kong)
- Michael Falcon, CEO Asia Pacific, Global Investment Management, JP Morgan Asset Management
- Elvyn G. Masassya, Chief Executive Officer, BPJS Ketenagakerjaan
Moderator: Bill Mellor, Senior Writer, Bloomberg Markets
FinTech: Innovation Opportunity or Disruptive Threat?
The disruptive power of technology has arrived in financial services. Will a new generation of startups make banks more robust and efficient, or put the incumbents out of business?
- Arthur Hayes, CEO, BitMEX
- Jack C. Liu, Head of International, OKCoin
- Benedicte Nolens, Senior Director, Head of Risk Strategy, SFC
- Chris Wei, Executive Chairman, Asia & Global Chairman, Digital, Aviva
- Moderator: Darren Boey, Asia Finance Editor, Bloomberg News
- David Merritt, Executive Editor, Asia Pacific, Bloomberg News
Networking, Cocktails and Canapés