London agenda coming soon. Click here to see the agenda from our 2018 summit in New York.
Equality is the single most important ethical issue businesses today need to face head-on. Creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce – to serve an increasingly diverse consumer base – is also vital to the success of virtually every business operating today.
The Future of Equality
Complementing Bloomberg LP’s investment in creating the Gender Equality Index (GEI) – a tool that tracks key elements of gender and equality balance, allowing companies to drive accountability around diversity initiatives – we present the Bloomberg Equality Summit, a cross-platform editorial initiative that will bring together business, academic and political leaders as well as nonprofits and activists to discuss the future of equality, how we get there and what is at stake for the economy and society at-large.
Anchored in a full-day conference, Bloomberg Equality Summit will foster forward-looking conversations and spotlight influential business leaders who are paving the way.
May 16 - Thursday
Registration & Networking Breakfast
- Opening Remarks
- Brexit: Opportunity for Embracing New Partnerships or Reflection of an Exclusionary Mindset
- The Future of Human Rights amid Asylum Denials and Wall-Building
- Using Data to make a Difference: The Impact of Compulsory Ethnicity Pay Reporting
Late Morning Session
- Opportunity Knocks: Answering the Call to Combat Socio-economic Inequality
- Data Analysis: Gender Pay Gap Reporting
- CEOs on the Frontlines: Bridging the Gender Pay and Opportunity Gap
- Equality in Banking and Financial Services
- Advocating Acceptance: Speaking Up for the Transgender Community
- Spotlight on Mental Health: Putting an End to Discrimination
Late Afternoon Session
- Supporting LGBTQ Youth
- Driving Equality in the Entertainment Sector
- Closing Remarks
Closing Cocktail Reception
Executive Chairman, Banco Santander
Senior Managing Director, Head of Europe, Middle East and Africa, BlackRock
Vice President, Facebook EMEA
Member of Parliament for Loughborough, Chair of the Treasury Committee